Monday, July 5, 2010

Monday... with a difference.

imgres.jpgI had a new experience today that was quite eye opening... I went and had my first mammogram, it's just a precautionary one, I expect it to be all clear.  What was amazing was the thoughts that flowed into my mind as I was in the waiting rooms, and undergoing the various procedures... thinking how so many other women had come there before me and in a day or two received devastating news that would change their lives.




  

imgres.jpgIt's given me a bit of a kick... to think... why do we wait until devastating news to make significant changes in our lives... are we not worth making good healthy positive changes for ourselves regardless... 


So... I'll ponder that some more in the coming weeks... as I work on the lessons learned from Flying Lessons, and SARK... and the love from dear friends I have in my life.




"Full Bodied" 
by Kate Smith


I went to a beautiful art exhibition last weekend, www.tiffanyjonesfineart.com.au  this is where my own art is represented... but the show currently on is a beautiful display of luscious rich pastels by the very talented and delightful Kate Smith.


I was lucky enough to attend the opening and hear her speak about her artwork and some hopes and dreams she has for her future.

Kate Smith & Me.



I'm quietly working on a couple of paintings... one new one for the gallery which I hope to show you soon.  

Bye for now, 

love & light
Denise xo



5 comments:

  1. so delightful to see the faces of 2 smiling artists!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Nic,

    and yours makes three haha... I'm just on here pottering around and so saw your comment pop up.

    xo Denise

    ReplyDelete
  3. LURVE your post. just what the world needs: living in the NOW, connection to our hearts and beautiful ART.
    Bliss and a smile on my face.
    *

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Denise! This is Terri Smith from Dimples & Dragonflies. So nice to have had a visit from you and I too have joined your site today.

    Denise..your work is phenomenal! I absolutely love it! I certainly will be visiting your place often!

    Blessings & Georgia Sunshine,
    Terri Smith

    ReplyDelete