Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Melbourne Saturday

Just this weekend gone, my partner and I went to Melbourne for the weekend, my main reason for planning the visit was to see a dear friend, Chelsea perform the lead female role in "The King & I", we saw that on Sunday night... she was fantastic!


I recently did a painting of beautiful Chelsea for her website : 
www.chelseagibb.com


So.... on Saturday, we went along to some very cool markets "Rose Street Art Markets" actually.  I bought a new dress that a clever lady there makes. 



Me at the Funky cafe area at the market for lunch.


pumpkin, coriander & coconut soup, mmmm!


new bracelet made from an old silver fork!! the other side is pretty with flower designs, and a new ring, that red one there with a flower in it, I happen to love daisy flowers... actually they're all over my dress too!!  It's quite strange seeing my hand like that... I have big stick out veins just like my Dad's hands.


I took some pics of the street art.. I'll have to post that separately, maybe tomorrow as I really need to get back to painting now,


Denise xo

Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

  1. sounds like you had a great mini-break. your hands are gorgeous, i love your nails, colour?
    hands tell their own story. i've just started thinking my hands are looking more like my mum's. hee hee
    splash on the paint...
    *

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Dana

    it's a deep red one by the Boujois?? brand, dries fast, and has an excellent wide brush for one swipe application haha, but I still managed to dent and carve it up... note to self.... DO NOT apply fresh nail polish 15 mins before leaving and lugging suitcases and scarf and coat!! doh!!

    yes... a mini break... that's a perfect description

    xx

    ReplyDelete